Wall A is suggested to be used for these Fixed Facility SCIFs: Closed Storage, Secure Working Area (SWA), Continuous Operation, or Open Storage with SID. The list below and accompanying diagram list all construction specifications for Wall A.
- Three layers of Gypsum Wall Board (GWB) ⅝ inch-thick
- One layer on the uncontrolled side
- Two layers on the controlled side
- Acoustic protection: Sound Class 3
- Wallboard must be attached to 3 ⅝ inch-wide 16 gauge metals studs or wooden 2×4 studs placed no less than 16” on center
- 16 gauge continuous track (top and bottom) with anchors at 32” on center maximum in continuous bead of acoustical sealant
- Interior two layers of wallboard must be mounted so seams do not align
- Acoustic fill 3 ½” (89 mm) sound attenuation material, fastened to prevent sliding down and leaving void at the top
- Top and bottom of each wall must be sealed with acoustic sealant where it meets the slab
- Fire safe non-shrink grout or acoustic sealant in all voids above/below track both sides of partition
- Entire wall must be finished and painted from floor to ceiling
- Any electrical or communications outlets required on the perimeter wall must be surface mounted
Does your facility require a SCIF? KL Security offers SCIF Container Solutions with panelized modular systems for scalable modular, portable, & mobile requirements. We assist in the acquisition of modular facilities for DoD & Government Access Control and ICD705 SCIFs or SAPF facilities. We also assist with special access control planning and commercial business security.
Call 866-867-0306 or email email@example.com to see how the experts at KL Security can assist your facility in security needs.
Technical Specifications for Construction and Management of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities
Information has been gathered from sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice. The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only.