The New York State Education Department (NYSED) requires secure
examination materials to be stored in locked Regents boxes. In turn, locked Regent boxes must be stored in a NYSED-approved safe or walk-in vault that meets all of the listed specifications below.
Newly constructed vaults, modified existing vaults, or recently purchased safes must be inspected by a NYSED representative and approved by the department before secure materials can be stored.
Safes must meet or exceed Underwriters Laboratories (UL) TRTL-30 Safe performance standards for burglary resistance and must have:
- Steel door at least 1 ½” thick
- Steel walls at least 1” thick
- 750 lbs. minimum weight
- Built-in combination lock
- Sufficient capacity to store the locked Regents boxes or the school’s largest examination request (minimum acceptable unobstructed inside dimensions of 11”H x 20”W x 27D” to store one Regents box)
Walk-In Vaults must meet all of the following criteria:
- Poured concrete floor
- No windows or access panels
- Walls of reinforced cement block or concrete sealed to a poured concrete floor below with structural floor or roof deck above
- Metal door in a metal frame with interior or welded-pin hinges
- Built-in dead-latch (deadbolt) with combination or key lock that allows exiting at all times
T K.L. Security we offer a full range of TRTL-30 rated safes for NYSED Regents Exam storage and can customize the interiors to meet your exact needs and requiremetns.
©2018 K.L. Security.