Hazardous chemical storage is an incredibly heavily regulated industry,incorporating the laws and regulations of many government agencies and corporate entities. In order for a building to be legally labelled as “Hazmat Certified,” there are many criteria that must be met.
Securall Hazmat Buildings are designed for outdoor storage with 55 gallon drum encasement containing flammable or combustible liquids. The outer wall of the unit is manufactured with welded 16 or 12 gauge steel. Inner walls are constructed of 20 gauge steel. The buildings come standard with a commercial grade lockset handle, and 3” airspace through the unit.
All models are National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Code 30 compliant. NFPA Code 30 is the national standard for the regulation of flammable, and combustible liquids. Units are also in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations with special consideration to part 1910, “Regulations for Hazardous Material Building Storage.” As well as being NFPA and OSHA compliant, Securall Hazmat Buildings also comply with all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocol.
Securall Fire-Rated Storage Buildings carry the Factory Mutual System Approval label. Factory Mutual Global offers world wide industrial and commercial production certification and testing services via FM Approvals. In order to receive FM Approval, a building must be examined and analyzed to be certain building construction is performed to evaluate:
- the suitability of the building;
- proper operation and performance of the building as specified by the manufacturer and requirements of FM Approvals; and, as far as practical,
- durability and reliability of the building itself.
The FM testing of the wall and roof is performed by Intertek Testing Laboratories.
In addition to being compliant with the previous codes and regulations, Securall also meets Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) requirements for closed shipping vessels with a liquid capacity from 450 L to 3,000 L (119-793 gallons).
Securall Buildings also meet UL Fire Resistance Ratings classification criteria.
Hazmat Chemical Storage Buildings meet the following qualifications;
- Natural convection air vents. (OSHA, FM 6049, IBC)
- Explosion relief panels (IBC, FM, NFPA)
- Static ground connection inside and out (FM, OSHA, NFPA)
- Forklift channels with anchoring brackets (EPA, IBC)
- NFPA 704 warning label for hazard rating system with placard holder and protective shield (FM, OSHA, NFPA)
- Removable galvanized steel safety floor planking (250lb. FM requirement, OSHA 1910, IBC)
- Leak-tight continuously welded sump meets EPA and OSHA requirements for secondary containment (EPA, OSHA, NFPA, FM, IBC)
The Securall Hazmat Chemical Storage Building is available in sizes to fit 2-55 gallon, 4-55 gallon, 6-55 gallon, 9-55 gallon, and 12-55 gallon barrels, and the standard color is gray.