Integrating Security Requirements, Video Surveillance & Data
As competition in the cannabis and marijuana markets increases, the keys to long term success for any cannabusiness point to operational efficiency, quality assurance, customer service, regulatory compliance and market penetration. With proper planning, the consultants and advisors at KL Security are setting the new standards for cannabis facility design and security by integrating security standards, data and video that results in greater business success. Leading cannabis facilities start with this end goal during security planning.
Top 4 Challenges a Cannabusiness faces to meet state-mandated requirements for surveillance:
- – Camera types and placements
- – Resolution and frame rates
- – Retention periods and off-site storage
- – RFID tag verification
How Video & Data Help Cannabusinesses at any level:
In Cultivation Facilities
- Tracking automation and a visual record of each plant’s location
- How a plant may have been removed or misplaced and who was involved
- Reveal where more staff training is required (improve operations & success)
- Seamlessly share video and RFID data evidence with law enforcement
- Combined with access control systems, modular vaults, restricted access areas and storage rooms or cages, automated reports with video snapshots can show operators when shifts aren’t starting as scheduled, or find out why one product is taking longer to dry in one cultivation facility compared to the rest
Cannabis In Transit & Secure Transportation Services
- View marijuana inventory as it’s loaded at the cultivation facility, as it is being transported, and as it is being unloaded at the retail dispensary locations
- Integrate video with vehicle data, such as a GPS location or speed, to see information on the transport route from start to finish. This can provide proof that a vehicle has not accidentally crossed into a U.S. state where cannabis sale is still illegal
At the Retail Dispensary
- Video integrated with POS data can help dispensary operators cut losses by setting up alerts triggered by suspect transactions, such as voids over a set amount
- Run searches across multiple dispensary locations simultaneously
- Using video and analytics like people counting, queue length or dwell time, operators can see how long customers waited in line, of they spent more time in front of a certain promotional display, or if they left the dispensary without making a purchase
Tracking and Security of Cannabis Plants and Products through the Supply Chain to Retail Dispensary
How Business Analytics become Competitive Advantages
With a full view of the retail dispensary, it’s easier for companies to discover customer trends that can be turned into higher profits, repeat business and brand loyalty.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- See how many customers are in your store at any given time.
- Determine conversion rates of walk-in traffic.
- Identify the average number of people waiting in a line or queue, and average amount of time they waited.
- Learn how long people dwell in a particular area of your dispensary such as display counters or in-store online order systems.
- Establish KPIs, based on factors like:
— Which store turns more shoppers into buyers if you have multiple retail dispensaries
— The time or day that most people are waiting in line, and for how long (to measure customer service and implement staffing changes). Such as happy hours, Friday afternoon or evening, payday, start of the weekend and other key times of the week.
- Export business analytics data to an Excel file to incorporate into your own charts and reports or CRM systems.
To learn more about standards for cannabis facility design and security, call 866-867-0306 today