Leaders in the marijuana industry in the state of Arkansas are taking steps to properly plan and prepare their facilities based on Federal DEA guidelines for security products, solutions and systems. When planning for cannabis facility designs, it is imperative that all security products meet the regulatory guidelines to in secured areas of the facility.
30 MAN-MINUTES AGAINST SURREPTITIOUS ENTRY
10 MAN-MINUTES AGAINST FORCED ENTRY
20 MAN-HOURS AGAINST LOCK MANIPULATION
20 MAN-HOURS AGAINST RADIOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES
WEIGHT LESS THAN 750 LBS BOLTED OR CEMENTED TO FLOOR OR WALL
EQUIPPED WITH ALARM DEPENDING UPON QUANTITIES & TYPE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES STORED
ArmorStor Vaults & Secured Rooms
Harvested marijuana and any cannabis product that has been processed must be stored in a secured area. Total harvest coverage with security cameras and video surveillance as required on all secure storage areas.
WALLS, FLOORS & CEILINGS OF 8 INCHES OF REINFORCED CONCRETE OR MASONRY REINFORCED VERTICALLY & HORIZONTALLY WITH ½ INCH STEEL RODS TIED 6 INCHES ON CENTER, OR STRUCTURAL EQUIVALENT .
Growers, marijuana processors and retail dispensaries in Arkansas should consider total harvest coverage of their facilities which is a leading platform for seed to sale compliance.
Doors and Door Frame
Security ratings must meet compliance for the following ratings based on the Federal DEA guildlines
- 30 MAN-MINUTES AGAINST SURREPTITIOUS ENTRY
- 10 MAN-MINUTES AGAINST FORCED ENTRY
- 20 MAN-HOURS AGAINST LOCK MANIPULATION
- 20 MAN-HOURS AGAINST RADIOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES
- EQUIPPED WITH SELF-CLOSING, SELF-LOCKING OR EQUIVALENT “DAY GATE” FOR USE DURING HOURS OF OPERATION
- EQUIPPED WITH ALARM SYSTEM
- EQUIPPED WITH CONTACT SWITCHES
Alarm Systems & Monitoring
The following components for cannabis facilities in Arkansas are to be completed by the alarm and monitoring company.
- ELECTRICAL LACING OF WALLS, FLOOR OR CEILING
- SENSITIVE ULTRASONIC EQUIPMENT WITHIN
- SENSITIVE SOUND ACCUMULATOR SYSTEM TO DETECT ILLEGAL ENTRY
For any business working with an architect or construction management firm, the specification of doors, vaults and security cameras and systems during schematic plans and programming will help reduce costs and headaches. Let the team at KL Security consult with you.