By Shelley Swearingen – April 23, 2020
We’ve all seen a heist movie where the robber spray paints a security camera. His partners all rush in undetected to steal the money, jewels, high valued art, or priceless relic. Thanks to March Networks, these techniques are now antiquated.
March Networks offers surveillance systems with cameras equipped with intelligent video. These systems are able to interpret what they see and trigger alarms accordingly. And unlike people, cameras don’t sleep (gone are the days of the snoozing security guard).
ME6 Cameras, the IR DuraBullet & the IR Dome, record footage, evaluate the footage, and sound alarms when necessary. For example, all of these situations would trigger an alarm:
- an object is abandoned in one space for too long
- a person or object moves in the wrong direction
- people loiter in an area for too long
- a vehicle stays in an area for too long
- a person or vehicle enters a certain area
- a camera is tampered with
But what if you’re not worried about the burglar in the black hoodie? For retail establishments, internal theft and shoplifting are bigger concerns. Surveillance cameras and accurate record keeping are the two best factors to prevent and minimize shrinkage.1 The integration of Searchlight software with March Networks surveillance systems make it easier than ever to identify instances of diversion. Searchlight software allows loss prevention associates to quickly & easily search transactions to match the incident with the footage. This significantly cuts down on man hours spent on reviewing recordings to identify culprit(s). March Networks is even available to manage and maintain this solution with the help of certified partners.
Cannabis entrepreneurs know just how important loss prevention is to a business plan. The product these business grow, cultivate, test, transport, and sell is highly profitable and easily sold on the black market. Furthermore, marijuana businesses are forced to do a large amount of their transactions in cash due to the illegality of the substance federally. For these two reasons, experts suggest investing in quality surveillance measures and storing cash and product in cannabis security vaults.2
The partnership of March Networks and KL Security takes diversion prevention one step further. These security experts have integrated artificially intelligent camera systems and Searchlight monitoring software with cash safes. These smart safes offer bill validating, cash currency counting, cash management, and cash recycling. If your Smart Safe Point of Sale (SSPOS) unit reports a discrepancy, it’s tied to the surveillance system and all guesswork is removed as to when/where/how the incident occurred.
March Networks and KL Security are revolutionizing the way businesses prevent theft. This technology is sure to be seen as the gold standard for loss prevention going forward, known as Total Retail Coverage and Total Harvest Coverage for Cannabis dispensaries and grow operations. To discuss how we can assist your business shrink loss and grow profits, you can reach out to a qualified expert at 866-867-0306 or email@example.com.
SearchLight & Retail POS Software Integrations
- Improve retail security and loss prevention efforts with Point of Sale exception-based reports integrated with intelligent video
- Oversee operations with video images from all of your business locations
- Track and analyze customer behavior with people counting, queue length and dwell time analytics
- Receive alerts about suspicious activity
Total Retail Coverage Security and loss prevention efforts
From shoplifting to internal employee theft as well as organized retail crime, your profits are affected. With Total Retail Coverage, retail business can utilize intelligent video that proactively alerts you to suspicious transactions and other potentially problematic activity in your retail stores. Searchlight’s powerful combination of surveillance video, transaction data and analytics helps you improve retail security and reduce losses. The software’s business intelligence reporting tools also let you gather valuable data on employee behavior and customer interests, information you can use to improve operations, customer service, marketing, and profitability.
Information has been gathered from sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice.
- Alstete, Jeffrey (2006), “Inside advice on educating managers for preventing employee theft”, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 34 No. 11 pp. 833-844
- Helmer, Jodi. November 12, 2019. Cannabis Security: How Growers Can Prevent Internal Theft. Cannabis Business Times. Retrieved from: https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/prevent-employee-theft-cannabis-facility-industry/